We hope the information on this page will provide answers to any questions you or your child has about returning to training. This is new to all of us, there is no global pandemic module for coach or volunteer training, but together we can make restarting a positive activity for our members. Please see the FAQ and the timelined announcements below. You can contact the club if you require more information.
- A roadworthy bike, helmet and gloves. Glasses are not mandatory, but a good idea
- Basic toolkit - parents will need to fix mechanicals
- Basic first aid kit - please bring plasters and alcohol wipes
- Hand sanitiser - there are no toilet facilities
- Water - we won’t have access to the bike store to fill up water bottles
- Clothing - appropriate to the weather conditions
26/04/2021 – Trial rides restarted
See the Trials page for more information.
30/03/2021 – Resumption of activity
Activity restarted in line with government guidelines. Trial sessions for new riders are still on hold.
20/12/2020 – Shutdown of all activity
All activity suspended until further notice.
10/11/2020 – Resumption of activity
Activity restarted in line with government guidelines.
23/10/2020 – Shutdown of all activity
Following new government restrictions the club is to close until November 9.
14/10/2020 – Travel restrictions for children in sport eased
Members are allowed to now participate in sessions even if living in lockdown areas.
14/09/2020 – No new members being taken into the club
Due to government restrictions on group sizes and following a trial of new riders on September 13, the club is now full.
08/09/2020 – Local Lockdowns
No member from a lockdown area are permitted to partake in the sessions.
25/08/2020 – Increase in capacity
From Sep 9, session times will change again to accommodate all riders and increase overall capacity (still limited to 30 riders per session). All sessions to remain on free wheel bikes. No date is set yet for when new trial riders can be taken in.
10/08/2020 – Riders Allowed on Multiple Sessions
Riders are now allowed to attend more than one session per week, but priority is given to riders that are allocated to that session. Only if space is available at a set time before the session are then un-allocated riders allowed to book on. Limits still exist on how many riders can attend per session and these will be enforced, don’t turn up expecting a ride if the session is listed as full.
25/07/2020 – Rider Journey Video
To ease your way into the sessions and to familiarise yourselves with new protocols:
24/07/2020 – Do’s and Don’ts
- A bike is ~2m long. Stay a bike length apart at all times
- Anyone not maintaining social distancing will be asked to leave the session immediately
- Be self-sufficient – no sharing of equipment is allowed
- You must sign on – riders and parents/guardians in attendance
- Never swap groups – stay with the group you have been allocated
- Parents/guardians must stay for the duration of the session – either in your car or the designated spectating areas
- Parents/guardians will be responsible for fixing any mechanical issues
- Parents/guardians will be responsible for minor first aid – bring plasters and alcohol wipes
- Parents/guardians must be contactable – register your contact number at sign on
23/07/2020 – Announcement for Recommencing Activity
Training will recommence on 28 July. Existing members to be catered for initially. No plans to take on any new trial riders at this time. Session times amended to allow for time between sessions for riders and parents to vacate the premises and not clash with others. All riders have been given which day their child is allowed to train on.
Risk assessments available:
23/03/2020 – Suspension of All Club Activity
Maindy Flyers suspends all activity until further notice in accordance with government instructions.